How to Pack
Choosing the Correct Box Size
- Heavy items such as books should be placed in smaller boxes.
- Lighter items such as clothing and blankets can be placed in larger boxes.
- Pack heavier items in bottom of each box.
Note: Too much weight in a box can cause the box to break.
Fill Boxes Full
- Don’t leave empty space in the boxes.
- Stuff towels, clothing, newspapers to fill voids.
Note: Empty space causes items to shift during transport and often leads to items breaking.
Pack Similar Items Together
- Packing items of similar size and weight together helps ensure safety of your items.
Tape Boxes Well
- Tape Top and Bottom of each box to ensure the box does not come apart.
- Cross folding boxes closed often leads to boxes coming apart and your belongs to fall on the ground.
Bag all Liquids
- All liquids such as soaps, shampoos, laundry detergent should be sealed inside a bag then placed upright inside box.
Note: Liquids not packaged correctly have the potential to spill out, damaging your other items.
- Do not need to be boxed.
- Must be defrosted and cleaned.
Note:Defrosting and cleaning prevents mold forming over the summer.