Choosing the Correct Box Size
- Heavy items such as books should be placed in smaller boxes
Lighter items such as clothing and blankets can be placed in larger boxes.
- Pack heavier items in bottom of each box
Note: Too much weight in a box can cause the box to break.
Fill Boxes Full
Don’t leave empty space in the boxes
- Stuff towels, clothing, newspapers to fill voids
Note: Empty space causes items to shift during transport and often leads to items breaking.
Pack Similar Items Together
Packing items of similar size and weight together helps ensure safety of your items.
Tape Boxes Well
Tape Top and Bottom of each box to ensure the box does not come apart
Cross folding boxes closed often leads to boxes coming apart and your belongs to fall on the ground
- Cross folding boxes closed often leads to boxes coming apart and your belongs to fall on the ground
Bag all Liquids
- All liquids such as soaps, shampoos, laundry detergent should be sealed inside a bag then placed upright inside box.
Note: liquids not packaged correctly have the potential to spill out, damaging your other items.